Every new year we get excited at the opportunity to have a fresh start and put the former year behind us. We want to be great and have success and happiness but how do we make this happen?
The top resolutions are as follows below but here’s a fact. Almost 35 percent of people break their resolution before the end of January and only 23 percent keep on target and complete their goals.
Diet and eating healthier * Losing weight * Exercise * Saving money * Learning a new skill or hobby * Quitting smoking * Less alcohol * Reading more * Finding another job *
I personally don’t believe in New Year Resolutions but I do believe in making small achievable goals and targets each year. Here are some tips on how you can make to the finish line this year and keep motivated.
- Have a plan in anything you do. Making a plan and keeping consistent will keep you on track and you can view your progress in front of your face. I keep a daily planner and include workouts, date nights, and family so I don’t miss out. This is also key for keeping a work, life balance.
- Every year I start a new vision board and I check off small and big goals so I can be proud of my accomplishments and visually see my results. I highly recommend this! I will put my work and personal goals as well as small purchases I want. I love the satisfaction of crossing these off my list and looking at my success throughout the year.
- Make your goals smaller with your long term vision in mind. Smaller goals even feel more achievable and you won’t panic feeling you’ve taken on too much. Example: If your goal is to make 100K this year, break down per month and day what that will look like and start off targeting it per week. If your goal is to lose 60lbs, again break it down per week and day what that process will look like.
- Once you’ve got your plan in action do not forget that you need to reward yourself! Each time you hit a small target, do something special for yourself so you feel great and keep consistent and on task.
- Share your goals with like-minded people who keep you motivated and on target and don’t be afraid to ask for help. You can always learn new ideas and tips and share your knowledge so having a good network of people can be enlighting.
Consistency is the key to everything!
Wishing you all a Happy 2019! Let’s crush our goals and Bloom!